When you think of bachelorette parties, do tiaras, sashes, drinking, dancing, and bar crawls come to mind? There are alternatives. At Asheville Wellness Tours, we provide non-traditional bachelorette party experiences that combine celebration with wellness activities like goat yoga, forest bathing, tarot readings, and more.
We’d be happy to help you plan an alternative bachelorette party in Asheville, NC. Not coming our way? No problem. Review our unique bachelorette experiences below to inspire a non-traditional bachelorette party at your location of choice.
How Planning Alternative Bachelorette Parties Differs
The primary difference between planning a non-traditional bachelorette party and a traditional one lies in the activities and budget allocation.
- Traditional: Often revolves around drinking games, bar-hopping, and nightlife-oriented activities.
- Non-traditional: Focuses on alternative experiences such as spa days, outdoor adventures, workshops, cultural explorations, and personalized activities based on the bride’s interests.
- Traditional: Significant portion may be allocated to alcohol, bars, and club expenses.
- Non-traditional: Budget is distributed across a diverse range of experiences, activities, and workshops, tailored to the chosen non-drinking activities.
To get started on your planning, discuss preferences with the bride-to-be to understand her interests, likes, and dislikes so you can plan activities that align with her vision for the celebration. You’ll also want to choose a destination that offers much more than nightlife (Pssst. Asheville is renowned for its food, art, mindfulness, and outdoor scene – just in case you’re looking for inspiration).
Non-Drinking Bachelorette Party Ideas
You don’t need booze to have a party! Many are choosing non-alcoholic or alcohol-free bachelorette parties these days. As a bonus, you can have the same amount of fun without the headache. Even better, you can plan daytime activities and hit the pillow early so you feel rested, not exhausted, after your celebration.
Asheville Wellness Tours offers several great options for wellness-oriented experiences for a no alcohol bachelorette party.
- Group Tarot Readings – Start your weekend with a fun reading at your vacation rental. It’s a unique icebreaker and a surefire way to spark deeper, more meaningful conversations throughout the weekend!
- Goat Yoga – Nothing says alternative bachelorette party like goat yoga. Attend a scheduled class or book a private goat yoga experience for your party. Giggles and goat snuggles guaranteed.
- Private Yoga Class – No need to leave the house, let us come to you! Enjoy a private group yoga class at your vacation rental. Not enough space at home? No worries, we can teach yoga in the park or in the botanical gardens.
- Mobile Massage – Enough said. After a day of enjoyment, settle in. Our masseuses come to you.
Looking for the best local insights and recommendations? We love sharing our hometown with visitors!
Outdoorsy Bachelorette Party Ideas for the Adventurous Bride-to-Be
For the nature-loving bride, take the crew outside! Asheville and Western North Carolina offer unparalleled outdoor adventure. You can mountain bike in Bent Creek, chase waterfalls in Dupont, rock climb in Pisgah, or raft on the French Broad River.
Asheville Wellness Tours offers several experiences for the outdoor-adventure-oriented bachelorette party.
- Yoga Hikes – Our favorite outdoor activity is a fun Hiking Yoga Tour. It is the perfect way to unplug, unwind and connect with your girls. We offer a 2-mile round trip hike to a mountaintop with stunning views, plus an hour of yoga for all levels at the summit. We bring the mats, you bring your spirit of adventure (and a camera for those Insta-worthy mountain backdrops)!
- SUP Yoga – Take your practice out of the studio and into the wild! Discover balance, strengthen your core, and challenge yourself with a Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga class. And yes, falling in is 100% acceptable and part of the fun 😉
Are you looking for something a little more extreme? If you have multiple days to adventure and explore, consider the following add-ons from area adventure companies:
- Navitat Ziplining – What could be more exhilarating than flying through the mountain tops?! The side-by-side ziplines and fast speeds make this experience so unique. There is really no better way to experience the views of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- French Broad Adventures Whitewater Rafting – Our favorite way to experience the Pisgah National Forest is on the whitewater rapids. The pros at French Broad Adventures will give you more than just a river trip. They share the history of the river, paddling techniques, and river safety. Have the time of your life, and make all sorts of memories with your gal pals.
For the Foodie Bride-to-Be
Food is essential to all bachelorette parties, even the non-traditional kinds! Asheville is full of award-winning chefs and exceptional cuisine. A bachelorette party, however, calls for something a little extra.
Asheville Wellness Tours offers an intimate way of engaging with local chefs and flavors during your stay.
Bring the restaurant experience into your vacation rental with a private chef who will help you craft the perfect three course menu, do the grocery shopping, and let you experience Asheville’s awesome foodie scene without you needing to lift a finger – just your fork 😉
Custom Solutions for Non-Traditional Bachelorette Parties
At Asheville Wellness Tours, you can effortlessly book individual experiences that suit your bachelorette party timeline, or you can collaborate with us to craft a genuinely unique combination of alternative bachelorette party experiences. Reach out to us with your ideas, and we will assist in creating a one-of-a-kind bachelorette party weekend. Explore our elite offerings, exclusively available for custom itineraries, and get in touch!
This article was originally published in May 2019 and most recently updated in July 2023.